Barnes & Noble Bookstore and Café
The bookstore covers two floors and offers a robust rental program that allows students to rent textbooks and save up to 80% off the purchase price of a new book. The store carries a wide selection of Duquesne clothing and gifts, offers a full service general reading book section, and features a Barnes & Noble café serving snacks, sandwiches, and Starbucks coffee. The bookstore accepts all forms of payment, including Student Financial Aid, Duquesne Dollars, and Barnes & Noble gift cards
412.434.6626 | Online Bookstore
August 2021: Rush Hours Of Operation
WEEK / DAY
|Mon - Thurs||Aug 16 - 19||8 to 7 pm|
|Fri||Aug 20||8 to 5 pm|
|Sat - Sun||Aug 21 - 22||10 to 5pm|
|Mon - Thurs||Aug 23 - 26||8 to 7 pm|
|Fri||Aug 27||8 to 5 pm|
|Sat||Aug 28||10 to 5 pm|
|Mon||Aug 30||Resume Regular Hours|
Home Delivery for Textbooks!
To meet social distancing requirements, Duquesne University is encouraging students to purchase textbooks online through the Duquesne Bookstore. To get your textbooks before you arrive on campus, you can conveniently order them online and have them shipped to your home.
Follow these easy steps to place your order:
- Log into DORI.
- Click Student Information OR continue to Registration.
- Click View Customized Booklist/Order Books Now.
- See the booklist with all ISBN, pricing and rental information for your registered classes.
- Order for delivery to your home or dorm room.
FREE SHIPPING on orders over $75
You can also submit your order here. Use the TEXTBOOK button to search by class or the search box to find a specific book.
We are committed to processing orders and shipping to you within 48 hours.
*If you wait until you've moved onto campus to order your books and select in-store pickup, please wait until you receive the "Your Order is Ready for Pickup" e-mail before proceeding to the bookstore. Once you have moved in, orders may take up to 72 hours to be ready. Contact us with any questions.
- Returns/Refunds: Summer deadline is Monday, May 17, 2021 and the Fall deadline Monday, August 30, 2021. DO NOT open shrink-wrapped packages or access any online access codes until you are sure about purchase.
- Safety and Convenience: Beat the traffic and stay safe-have your books shipped to your home before you move to campus.
- Savings: Choose the format that you prefer. Remember, used copies are 25% cheaper. Rental and digital pricing is based on the demand of each individual title (see available format prices on our website). Rentals can be considerably cheaper, but require that you promptly return them at the end of the semester.
- Payment: Your parents have the option to pay for your textbooks and can provide your name for pick-up if they do not have books shipped to home.
- TIP: Use your Duquesne email address when placing orders to avoid any confusion for you and your parents (especially if there are updates about your order and when the rentals are due for return at the end of the semester).
- Rental Returns: Return your rentals to the bookstore or ship them back for a small fee ($5 UPS flat fee shipping label available for any quanity of books, fee applies to each label printed).
- Peace of Mind: If a professor or department changes course material, we will work with them and with you on refunds.
Check our website often for updated hours beginning Monday, August 30, 2021.
Our staff has reconfigured the bookstore to meet safety guidelines set by the CDC, the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and Duquesne University. Directional markers, social distancing reminders, sanitizing stations and more have been implemented to ensure your visit is as efficient and as safe as possible when you shop for your textbooks, school supplies and University apparel needs.
Due to physical space restrictions, we will be enforcing occupancy limits. Signage will be posted, and staff will be available to address any questions or concerns.
*All staff and customers are required to wear appropriate face coverings at all times.