Center for Teaching Excellence
Welcome to the Center for Teaching Excellence! Learn more about our history and values, meet our staff, see our upcoming events, find support for your faculty or graduate careers, celebrate your teaching, and solicit feedback on your teaching. Learn how to best teach and learn at Duquesne with a wide range of resources.
The following workshops and handouts are available online via DORI (multipass required).
- Documenting Rigor in Teaching
- Understanding Promotion for Non-Tenure Track Faculty at Duquesne
- Course and Syllabus Design
- Transparent Assignment Design
- Rubrics To Promote and Assess Student Learning
- James Lang's 2018 Keynote address on Small Teaching
- Faculty Peer Review of Teaching
- Preparing an Effective Case for Pre-Tenure Review, Promotion, and Tenure
- Designing Effective Adult Learning Experiences
Check out The Flourishing Academic. This multi-voice blog features posts on teaching and learning by CTE staff and peer leaders. Please visit often, comment actively, and teach enthusiastically!