Center for Teaching Excellence
The Pittsburgh Council on Higher Education [PCHE] is pleased to announce an open call for proposals focusing on teaching and learning or educational development for the 2019 Pittsburgh Regional Faculty Symposium on Monday, March 11, 2019. Organized by PCHE and hosted by the University of Pittsburgh, the symposium is a day-long conference for faculty, teaching assistants, and faculty support specialists from colleges and universities in Pennsylvania and its adjacent states. Get more info.
The following workshops and handouts are available online via DORI (multipass required).
- Understanding Promotion for Non-Tenure Track Faculty at Duquesne
- Course and Syllabus Design
- Transparent Assignment Design
- Rubrics To Promote and Assess Student Learning
- James Lang's 2018 Keynote address on Small Teaching
- Faculty Peer Review of Teaching
- Preparing an Effective Case for Third Year Review, Promotion, and Tenure
- Designing Effective Adult Learning Experiences
The Flourishing Academic
Check out The Flourishing Academic. This multi-voice blog features posts on teaching and learning by CTE staff and peer leaders. Please visit often, comment actively, and teach enthusiastically!