Center for Teaching Excellence
Welcome to Duquesne University & the Center for Teaching Excellence!
For all new graduate teaching assistants and faculty, welcome to the Center for Teaching Excellence! Please see our resource page for Getting Started for a successful transition into your teaching role at Duquesne. Needing to attend an Orientation Session? See our page to find the right orientation information for you.
The following workshops and handouts are available online via DORI (multipass required).
- Documenting Rigor in Teaching
- Understanding Promotion for Non-Tenure Track Faculty at Duquesne
- Course and Syllabus Design
- Transparent Assignment Design
- Rubrics To Promote and Assess Student Learning
- James Lang's 2018 Keynote address on Small Teaching
- Faculty Peer Review of Teaching
- Preparing an Effective Case for Pre-Tenure Review, Promotion, and Tenure
- Designing Effective Adult Learning Experiences