Syllabus & Course Design
Listed below are resources available at Duquesne that may be helpful to reference while designing a syllabus or course.
This document provides a checklist to be sure all the important information appears on your syllabus.
NOTE: This document will be updated for Fall 2020 soon. Please check back.
Online Teaching: Planning Your Course at Duquesne (multipass required)
This resource from Educational Technology contains information regarding important aspects of designing an online course.
This self-guided worksheet is adapted from a CTE workshop and contains information regarding course design steps and appendices intended to help you enhance your course and syllabus.
Course and Syllabus Design (multipass required)
This 30 minute online workshop is intended to help you understand the basic principles for college teaching and employ them as you create or revise a course.
- "How to Create a Syllabus: Advice Guide," The Chronicle of Higher Education, September 12, 2018
- "Creative Approaches to the Syllabus," The Chronicle of Higher Education, August 26, 2011
- Fink, L. D. (2005a), "A self-directed guide to designing courses for significant learning"
- Fink, L. D. (2005), "Integrated course design," Idea Paper 42
- "Syllabus Design," Center for Research on Learning and Teaching, University of Michigan