- 12:00 AM to 12:00 AM
Heritage Week 2018
Heritage Events during Homecoming 2018
Join us for a week of fun celebrating our heritage as a Catholic Spiritan University!
Monday October 1st
University Birthday Party
10:00am-2:00pm on Academic Walk
- Come and celebrate our 140th birthday as a university! There will be games, t-shirts, cookies, a photo booth, and more!
- In collaboration with the Office of Alumni Affairs, Office of Freshmen Development and Office of Disability Services
Birthday Cakes in Residence Halls and Commuter Center
2:00pm, all residence halls and Commuter Center
- Head to the lobby of your residence hall or the Commuter Lounge at 2pm to sing Happy
Birthday and enjoy some cake!
- In collaboration with the Office or Residence Life and the Office of Commuter Affairs
Tuesday October 2nd
Feast Day of Claude Poullart des Places Liturgy
Noon in the Chapel of the Holy Spirit
- Join us for Mass as we celebrate the feast day of the founder of the Spiritans Claude
Poullart des Places!
- In collaboration with Spiritan Campus Ministry
Feast Day Luncheon 1:00pm
- Africa Room
- Join us for a celebratory lunch in honor of des Places Day! Joe DeCrosta, director of Office of International Programs
- RSVP HERE
Feast on Feast Day Giveaway
2:00pm on Academic Walk
- We will be doing our traditional Feast on Feast days give way to celebrate des Places! Come out and get yourself some FREE NACHOS as we celebrate the founder of the Spiritans, Claude Poullart des Places
- In collaboration with the Office of Freshmen Development and Office of Disability Services
Wine into Water
4:30pm - 6:30pm Africa Room
- This event supports the work of Pure Thirst and their work with the Spiritan Mission in Olkokola Tanzania. Students will be sharing their experience there this summer learning about the effect of the water crisis in this area. Tickets will cover two glasses of wine along with snacks. We will also be featuring new local wineries this year! Come have a drink for a great cause!
- In collaboration with Pure Thirst
- PURCHASE TICKETS HERE *Must be 21 and over to register for this event*
Wednesday October 3rd
Food Faith and Culture Night!
7pm, Africa Room
-Join us as we celebrate the intersection of faith and culture as we share in food and art from various traditions as students share a bit about their faith experience and the cultures connected to their faith!
In collaboration with the Office of Multicultural Affairs and The Consortium for Muslim Christian Dialogue