Summer Semester Experience
Get a head start.
The Gussin Spiritan Division's (GSD) dynamic summer semester is a mandatory 5-week, residential session that runs form late June until the end of July. This first-year program creates community and builds the skills students need to be academically successful. Before the fall semester even begins, students will:
- Get a head start on their college experience
- Earn six credits by taking GSD and Core University classes
- Get to know Duquesne faculty
- Become familiar with campus and downtown Pittsburgh
- Make friends and get community support...even before school starts!
These GSD and Core University courses help students develop college level writing, reading, problem-solving, decision-making and computing skills, as well as learn techniques for better time management, note-taking, test preparation and test-taking:
- Thinking and Writing Across the Curriculum (English 101)
- Introduction to University Success
- Strategies for Academic Success
- Research and Information Skills