Interested in attending medical, dental or other health professional school? We can help...
Each year, the number of applications for medical and health professional schools grows exponentially, while the acceptance rates remain consistent. For example, in 2018, there were approximately
- 53,000 applications for allopathic (MD) medical school with only 41% of applicants accepted to MD school,
- 21,000 for osteopathic (DO) medical school (acceptance rate 36%),
- 11,300 applications for dental school in the United States (acceptance rate 55%),
- 27,400 applications for post-baccalaureate (PB) physician assistant school (33% accepted), and
- 18,400 applications for PB physical therapy school with an acceptance rate of 57%.
Not only are there more applicants for admission to professional schools, but the quality of those applicants also continues to increase. Preparation for professional school takes not only good grades and high entrance examination scores, but also passion, demonstrated dedication, and solid, long-range planning.
The Duquesne's Pre-Medical and Health Professions Programs (PMHPP) are here to help our undergraduate and post-baccalaureate students understand and prepare for that competition. Our programs have unique opportunities not offered by most other universities and a proven "track record" of success. Learn more about our programs.