Undergraduate Pre-Medical and Health Professions Program (UG-PMHPP)
At Duquesne, preparation for medical, dental, and other health professional school can start as early as your freshman year by enrolling in our undergraduate Pre-Medical and Health Professions Program (UG-PMHPP). We are here to help you every step of the way from your first introduction to pre-requisite coursework through the application and interview process.
The UG-PMHPP is not an academic major or degree program, but rather a multi-track post-secondary certificate program, pursued at the same time as your academic major degree program. We will provide you with opportunities that make you stand out such as:
- Exceptional, personalized, ongoing advisement in cooperation with your major advisor
- Hand-tailored curriculum planning and tracking consistent with professional goals
- Application assistance to prepare for medical, dental, and other health professional schools
- In addition to pre-requisite curriculum, 7 specialized pre-health courses with "0" additional credit load
- Learn basic patient assessment and health and safety skills, including entry-level clinical skills
- Introductions to collaborative practice, inter-professional education, and medical terminology
- Instruction in basic anatomy and pathophysiology
- Instruction, guidance and assistance through the complex medical and health professional school application process
For those students currently in high school who are looking for more information about who we are, please click here. For current students not enrolled in the UG-PMHPP, but who wish to apply for our Secondary Admission process please click here.