Master's Certificate in Entrepreneurship
Starting in Fall 2021
Pittsburgh is one of the country's greatest innovation hubs. The city has fostered an environment where both new firms and technology giants have achieved great success.
At Duquesne, we know the value of an entrepreneurial mindset. In our Master's Certificate in Entrepreneurship (MC-ENTR) program, you will learn to recognize and seize outstanding opportunities to solve important problems. All companies, from startups to Fortune 500 giants, need entrepreneurial thinking. So, having an entrepreneurial mindset will make you attractive to employers and empower you, whether you decide to launch a business or tackle innovation challenges within an existing firm.
In our MC-ENTR, you will develop the essential knowledge and skills to launch new products and services and discover new ways of thinking that will drive innovation in any business.
- A hybrid format combining online learning with face-to-face sessions
- An interdisciplinary curriculum with a solid foundation in ideation, management and law
- Access to a robust professional network and excellent entrepreneurship ecosystem
- Stackable with the Professional MBA and MS in Management
- 15-credit certificate program
What makes Duquesne's program stand out?
- Duquesne's state-of-the-art Center for Excellence in Entrepreneurship includes an ideation suite and a maker space for creating, inventing and learning.
The Louis D. Mallet Entrepreneurship Zone is an inspirational, collaborative and creative environment that is perfect for promoting idea generation, group learning, problem solving and business planning. The space is rich in technology and includes writeable glass boards that enhance conversation and discussion.
The maker space, Bob's Launch Pad, provides a hands-on area for students to develop, design and prototype everything from new physical products to online business platforms. It is outfitted with the state-of-the-art tools needed to take ideas from concept to reality. For example, Bob's Launch Pad features sophisticated software and a variety of equipment, including a 3D printer and laser engraver for rapid prototyping of new products.
- Duquesne's Small Business Development Center (SBDC) offers no-cost, confidential consulting services and training workshops in southwestern Pennsylvania to empower entrepreneurs and small business owners with the knowledge they need to start, grow, and prosper.
- BlueTree Allied Angels, Western Pennsylvania's leading angel network, and Duquesne created a partnership that developed a pathway for financial assistance to new companies. BlueTree Allied Angels is a members-only group of accredited investors focused on promising start-up companies.
- The Center for Excellence in Entrepreneurship infuses entrepreneurship into every student's experience.
- Duquesne New Venture Challenge - a three-stage business plan competition open to anyone in the Pittsburgh region and beyond. All students are encouraged to submit their ideas. Cash and service prizes are valued at over $100,000.
Our curriculum. Your success.
- Entrepreneurship Cornerstone Experience (0 credits)
- Ideation Adventure (3 credits)
- The Entrepreneurial Manager (3 credits)
- Entrepreneurship, Venture Financing & the Law (3 credits)
- Sales and Marketing for the Entrepreneurial Firm (3 credits)
- Entrepreneurship Pitch Experience (3 credits)