From Idea to Launch
Duquesne New Venture Challenge Finalists
Five finalists have been selected for the inaugural Duquesne New Venture Challenge (DNVC) — an entrepreneurship challenge open to the Pittsburgh community and beyond, hosted by the Palumbo-Donahue School of Business.
The finalist teams and their products are (in alphabetical order):
- Biomotivate - wearable artificial intelligence (AI) wristbands that can help counselors track patient psychological behavior patterns to encourage those being treated for substance abuse to remain in treatment.
- LeanMed - innovative medical equipment designed to improve access to healthcare in low-resource regions.
- Nollapelli - bedsheets designed to regulate moisture, temperature and friction to promote wellness during sleep.
- Sparkwear - a wristwatch device used during networking events to help event attendees find other guests with similar interests.
- Talkmeup - an AI smart coach training software that assists users with improving communication skills.
Prizes valued at approximately $85,000!
Our two-stage business plan competition is open to anyone in the Pittsburgh region and beyond.
How it works:
Entrants submit a short description of their business idea along with a two-minute video elevator pitch. $5,000 in cash prizes. Judges select finalists.
Finalists submit an executive summary, business plan, PowerPoint presentation, and make a live presentation to a panel of judges followed by Q&A. $25,000 in cash prizes. Finalists are assigned mentors and receive free access to Palo Alto's LivePlan software.
Finalists have access to the resources of our sponsors:
- Duquesne University School of Law
- Duquesne Small Business Development Center
- Center of Excellence in Entrepreneurship, including sophisticated equipment in our maker space-Bob's Launch Pad. Special thanks to judge Bob Mallet, Former Chairman, Mallet & Company, for making it happen!
- Palo Alto LivePlan software.