As a non-profit educational service of the Duquesne University School of Education, the Reading Clinic has been helping children and their parents since 1964. Students, ages 6-17, can benefit from affordable, research-based assessment and tutorial services in a nurturing environment that fosters confidence and academic achievement. Students enhance their reading skills with methods developed and practiced by our nationally recognized faculty researchers in reading development.
Our Reading Clinic Provides:
- Experienced clinicians from our Reading Specialist program and practicing reading specialists who understand our mission of putting children's needs first
- Individualized and group instruction, tailored to each student's age and unique needs
- Evaluation results and final tutoring progress report
- Workshops for parents that address their concerns and provide information on how to support their children's literacy development
- Convenient session times
- Affordable tutoring fees.
Saturday morning during fall and spring semesters.
|Assessment and tutoring sessions take place in the Reading Clinic labs, located on the ground floor of Canevin Hall on the Duquesne University campus.||
Fees are payable via cash or check when the student enters the program.
Reading Clinic Applications
- Applications for Fall will be accepted beginning August 1st.
- Applications for Spring will be accepted beginning November 1st and will end on December 1st.
- Application for Summer will be accepted beginning June 1st. Very limited availability.
Parents will be required to apply every semester to be considered for the upcoming session.