Instructions for Transfer Students
Applying as a transfer student requires two steps:
Please complete and submit the correct application:
Internal Transfer Application - students currently attending Duquesne University who want to change majors
External Transfer Application - students at another college or university who want to transfer to Duquesne University
- External transfer students must also have their home school complete and mail in the Transfer Form
Deadlines - Fall - July 1; Spring - December 1
Applicant MUST submit a typed, double-spaced, critical self-evaluation essay including (a) why you became interested in the field and the program for which you are applying; (b) general work experience and any other experiences you wish to share; (c) honors you have received; (d) long-term professional goals. Competitive essays demonstrate an awareness of the field and are usually a maximum of three pages in length. Applicant may also include a resume or curriculum vita.
Athletic Training - 2.75 GPA
Biomedical Engineering - 3.0 GPA
Health Administration - 2.75 GPA
Health Sciences - 2.75 GPA
Occupational Therapy - 3.0 GPA overall, 3.0 GPA in science/math courses; SAT of at least 1170 or ACT of at least 24
Physical Therapy - 3.0 GPA overall, 3.0 GPA in science/math courses; SAT of at least 1170 or ACT of at least 24
Public Health - 2.75 GPA
Speech-Language Pathology - 3.0 GPA
- Occupational Therapy and Physical Therapy applicants should provide a complete summary of all health care experiences, which must indicate the facility name, supervisor's name (including signature and licensure number where applicable), dates of experience(s), and types of responsibilities and/or observations. Occupational therapy applicants will be required to provide documentation of a minimum of 40 shadowing hours directly with a registered and licensed occupational therapist prior to entrance to the professional phase (December of the third year). Physical therapy applicants must include documentation of 100 volunteer hours in a minimum of two different clinical sites prior to admittance into the professional phase of the program fall of the fourth year).
- Only courses with a ‘C' or better will transfer. The University honors +/- grades, with the exception of C-,' which is unacceptable.
- Only those courses pertinent to the student's particular program will be transferred
- All science and math courses should be taken at a 4-year college or university and should not be in an online format.