Digital Media Arts - Multimedia Concentration
For specific questions about the Digital Media Arts Multimedia program, contact Mr. Jim Vota.
Multimedia is the skillful merging of creative thinking, design, information management, development, interactive environments, and visual communication through technology.
Students apply these concepts and processes to create robust multimedia experiences in a variety of disciplines and industries.
(video produced by Media student)
Students will be able to:
- Edit digital photographs.
- Create and manipulate images for a variety of platforms.
- Create digital videos for web and mobile devices.
- Create and design websites.
- Apply graphic design principles.
- Create and manipulate digital sound.
Digital Media Arts Major - Multimedia Concentration (36 Credits)
- MDIA 140 - Media Literacy*
- MDIA 260 - Media Design*
- MDIA 465W - Media Ethics*
- MDIA 473 - Media Law and Regulation*
- Elective chosen in collaboration with faculty mentor
- DMA 440 - Professional Development & Project Management
- ADPR 340W - Writing for Advertising and Copywriting
- DMA 402 - Visual Design & Layout
- Other Media elective courses (12 credits) — Students will select electives after consultation with their department mentors.
*All majors in the Media department will take 12 credits of departmental core courses.