Online Web Design and Development Certificate
Are you looking to expand your skills in web design?
Careers in the web design and development field are growing faster than average (Bureau of Labor Statistics). Web design and development skills are essential for:
- technology professionals seeking to enhance their career opportunities
- entrepreneurs who need to have strong web presences
- marketing and other professionals who want to expand their scopes of work and opportunities
Earn your certificate in one year.
This 12-credit certificate can be completed in one year. Start your certificate in the fall or spring semester and take eight-week, accelerated courses. You can find the course descriptions and schedule here.
The online format is both convenient and beneficial.
Working with your professors and classmates virtually allows you to complete this certificate without interruption to your current work schedule. The online format provides the opportunity to develop “virtual work” skills — relevant to many employers who rely on teams working together virtually.
This video gives a guided tour of how an online course might look.
Students will learn to:
- design websites for a wide range of devices
- design Responsive Web user interfaces (UI)
- evaluate the user experience (UX)
- explore interaction design
- perform usability testing
- use popular front-end frameworks
- create database driven websites
- create sites that incorporate evolving web capabilities
- develop interactive client-side interfaces
Students will also create content to use in portfolios. Students will be encouraged to participate in online course sessions to enrich discussions and provide additional professional development opportunities.
This certificate focuses on enhancing your design and development skills related to media-rich content delivered on the web. Courses are practical, hands-on and real-world focused. The design and development skills offered will be relevant to many professional disciplines and areas, including:
- Corporate Communications
- Computer Technologies
- Freelance Businesses
- Design and Web Consulting
- Web Development
- Information Architecture
- User Experience (UX) Design
- Interaction Design
- User Interface (UI) Design
- Media-Rich Web Productions
Tuition and Application Information
Tuition is $846 per credit (2016-17 academic year).
To apply for the Undergraduate Certificate in Web Design and Development, you must be a high school graduate. It is recommended that students also have a first-year college-level course in a design or technology area. As an online student, you will interact with your instructor and other students in a variety of ways, such as chat, video conferencing, phone, email and social media. You should be comfortable with using technology to interact and to exchange content.
Students completing this undergraduate certificate program will receive a standalone certificate from Duquesne University, and they can also opt to apply coursework toward an undergraduate degree. For more information, please contact Megan Carone at firstname.lastname@example.org or 412.396.4436.