July 26–30, 2021
Choral Kaleidoscope is a new institute for choral conductors at all levels. Invigorate your choral practice with world-class instruction in a supportive community of hybrid learners!
Our Program is Unique
- Conduct and sing in daily conducting master classes with members of the Mendelssohn Choir of Pittsburgh
- Hone skills in conducting technique, score study, rehearsal technique, and vocal pedagogy
- Study embodied pedagogies (Dalcroze Eurhythmics, Laban Movement Analysis, body mapping, and yoga) and inclusive teaching practices
- Perform in a final in-person/live-streamed concert
Choral Kaleidoscope runs daily from 8:30 a.m.–4:30 p.m. Each day features several different sessions on various choral-related topics. For details, see the daily schedule.
You can choose to participate one of two ways:
- Active (In-person participation only. Enrollment is limited for this option.)
- As an active participant, you will have podium time every afternoon with members of the Mendelssohn Choir of Pittsburgh and an opportunity to conduct an entire piece on the Friday afternoon concert. To apply to be an active conductor, please submit two links of face-front conducting video footage. These videos can be of rehearsal or performance and should not exceed 10 minutes each. Active applicants will be accepted on a rolling basis.
- Auditing (In-person or online participation. Enrollment is unlimited.)
- Auditing participants attend all sessions and have the same experience as active participants, apart from podium experience in the afternoon master classes (see schedule).
Early-bird Registration Fees
Must register on or before April 15, 2021
- Active Conductor: $345
- Auditing Conductor: $195
Regular Registration Fees
Register on or after April 15, 2021
- Active Conductor: $395
- Auditing Conductor: $245
Registration ends July 1, 2021.
Questions? Contact Caron Daley at email@example.com.
Choral Kaleidoscope is presented in partnership with the Mendelssohn Choir of Pittsburgh and City Music Center of Duquesne University.
*Please note, all in-person activities will adhere to strict COVID-19 protocols, including social distancing, singing with masks (we recommend the Resonance Mask), airing out of rooms, and sanitation procedures.