Bachelor of Arts in Music
Our Bachelor of Arts program is designed with flexibility in mind. You will enjoy all the benefits of a performance degree-including private lessons and ensembles-while exploring areas of study outside of music.
Our Program is Unique
- Accelerated degree pathways allow completion of the B.A. in 3 years immediately followed by 1 year of graduate studies in the Palumbo-Donahue School of Business or 3 years in the Duquesne University School of Law.
- The B.A. allows for you to customize your curriculum, enabling you to target your own personal interests. A variety of non-music minors and certificates help make your education work for you.
- Our GRAMMY Award-winning faculty are networked into the international music industry and know exactly what it takes to be successful in careers from the concert hall to the recording studio, sound stage, or outdoor music festival.
- In addition to curricular concerts and events, students have opportunities to perform professionally in multiple ensembles including the Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra, Pittsburgh Opera and Ballet Orchestras, and Pittsburgh Jazz Orchestra, to name a few.
- Our students benefit from master classes presented by internationally-recognized music experts and guest artists.
- Our graduates succeed.
Ready to Get Started?
Admission to the Mary Pappert School of Music involves a 2-step process. Applicants must first apply to Duquesne University. Once the application is submitted, applicants will then be prompted to schedule an audition and submit additional materials and documentation. Learn more about this process.