Online Audition Overview
NOTICE: To protect the health and safety of every individual involved in the audition process, all auditions and evaluations will be conducted remotely in online environments.
The goal of the online audition process is to provide faculty evaluators with a clear picture of your performance ability and level of artistry. We also want to give you the opportunity to share your best performances without worrying about your sound quality or internet connectivity while you play. This is why we are using a two-channel approach that combines a live online meeting space with the ability to share an Audition Portfolio containing pre-recorded music media.
- Online auditions occur at scheduled times using the Zoom meeting platform to allow for real-time interaction with faculty evaluators. You may be asked to perform scales, arpeggios, sight-read, or play excerpts from your Audition Portfolio repertoire on-demand. Sample Audition Schedule
- Audition Portfolios are submitted at least 1 week in advance of the audition using the applicant portal, and are accessed and reviewed live with faculty during the online audition. You will have an opportunity to discuss your portfolio with faculty evaluators and present your best work confidently. Sample Audition Portfolio
In order to participate in the online audition process, you will need the following equipment:
- Computer, tablet, or mobile device with a webcam, microphone, and high-speed internet access.
- Video recorder or smart device, such as an iPad, iPhone or Android, that can capture high-quality audio and video. External microphones are not required but highly recommended.
- Access to software, such as Microsoft Word, that can be used to create a document with hyperlinks to cloud-based music media.
There's still time to Audition for Spring 2021 admission! Submit your app and register to audition on January 8, 2021. Need assistance? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 412-396-5064.
Check out the Path to Admission:
Got it, let's go!