Heartland ECSI is the servicer for our loans.
Mailing address for payments: Mailing address for forms:
Duquesne University Duquesne University
c/o Heartland ECSI c/o Heartland ECSI
PO Box 718 PO Box 1278
Wexford, PA 15090-0718 Wexford, PA 15090-1278
Duquesne's Student Loan Office staff is dedicated to helping students understand and comply with all student loan regulations, pertaining to Federal Loans, such as Perkins, Health Profession, Nursing, etc., as well as Institutional loans, such as Alcoa, Powers, Gaston, etc. Contact us if you have any questions on these loans concerning:
- Entrance and Exit Interviews Click the link to complete the online entrance or exit counseling requirement.
- Cumulative Borrowed Statements/Disclosures
To apply for a loan, see the Financial Aid office.
Deferments and Default
Deferments: As long as students are enrolled in college (at least 6 credits) they can defer loan payments. If students experience financial problems in repaying loans, they may request economic hardship forbearance. Contact us for deferment forms.
Default of Loan: When a student's loan payment is past due, it goes into default. If you experience financial difficulties, contact your loan servicer to make arrangements in order to avoid default. The consequences of default are serious:
- All delinquent loans -- overdue by more than 120 days -- are reported to the Credit Bureau.
- Delinquent loans may be turned over to an outside collection agency or attorney.
- Any additional costs will be the borrower's responsibility.