Transferring to Duquesne

About the Application Process and General Questions

A transfer student must use the regular application for admission and submit all necessary supporting documents, including high school transcripts and transcripts from all institutions attended.

  • Read the general transfer guide for more details
  • You may receive Financial Aid as a transfer student, provided that you submit a FAFSA form by May 1
  • Transfers can live in the residence halls on campus based on availability at the time of application
  • Duquesne University does not provide housing for married students
About Pharmacy Transfers
  • Students interested in transferring to the Doctor of Pharmacy program apply directly to the School of Pharmacy and mail all  transcripts and application materials there. The School of Pharmacy accepts applications to transfer into the first professional year of the traditional (weekday) pathway only.  Seating is limited, and admission is considered on a "space available" basis.
  • If you have, or will earn, an undergraduate degree by the end of the current academic year, you may be interested in our Pharm D weekend program.

About Transferring Credits

Read the full undergraduate transfer policy in the Undergraduate Catalog.

  • Generally, Duquesne accepts credits from an accredited college or university that correspond to the Duquesne curriculum and in which you have earned a grade of C or higher.
  • Final determination on transferable credits is made by your academic advisor or dean of the school.
Maximum Amount of Credits Duquesne Accepts

Duquesne University accepts up to 60 credits from a two year community college or up to 90 credits from a four year college or university.

Your final 30 credits must be completed at Duquesne University.

  • Your GPA is calculated based on courses you have taken only at Duquesne University.
  • It is possible to receive some credit from military experience, and this is determined by an advisor in your school of study.