Testing Accommodations Policy
In order for students to get testing accommodations, the following procedure must be followed:
- I will ask my professor to accommodate my testing needs in the department.
- If my professor/department cannot administer the test, I will come to the Office of Disability Services at least 3 business days before an exam to pick up a Test Request Form.
- I will complete the student section of the Test Request Form.
- I will have my professor complete the professor section of the Test Request Form.
- I will return the Test Request Form to the Office of Disability Services at least 3 business days before the exam to schedule the day and time to take the exam.
- I will communicate with my professor about the date and time for the proctored exam in the Office of Disability Services.
- I will fill out a new Test Request Form for each exam I need proctored in the Office of Disability Services.
- Faculty will first try to accommodate the students testing needs in the classroom or academic department.
- The professor must fill out the test request form if the student is taking the quiz or exam in the Office of Disability Services.
- The professor is responsible for emailing the quiz or exam (email@example.com) or delivering the exam to 309 Union.
- If the student requires a scantron sheet, they must be delivered with the quiz or exam.
- Please pick up the quiz/exam or arrange to have it delivered to your office/department.
Test Request Form
This form is for use when the professor is unable to accommodate the student within the department or school. This form must be completed by both student and professor and submitted to the Office of Disability Services no later than 3 business days before the exam, to ensure room availability. One form must be completed for each exam requested. Please make sure to use either Chrome or Firefox web browsers. The form does not work with Safari.
On the Test Request Form, students will complete their portion and it will be emailed to the professor (students must know their professors email address). The professor will then complete their portion and the completed form will be submitted to the Office of Disability Services. When the Office of Disability Services receives the completed Test Request Form, the student and professor will be contacted regarding scheduling the exam and will receive a final confirmation email. If students do not hear back from the professor within 24 hours, please reach out again by email and contact the Office of Disability Services at 412.396.6658 or firstname.lastname@example.org.