Freshman Advisement Summer Transition (FAST)
We are so excited to host you either in-person or virtually this year for the Freshman Advisement Summer Transition (FAST) program in July 2021! Our FAST program is unique to Duquesne, as all incoming first-year students have the ability to start transitioning to Duquesne life BEFORE you even attend Orientation.
As FAST is an important (optional) program, each school has two days that incoming students are able to attend in-person; however, you choose only one day to attend. If you would like to attend our virtual FAST program instead of coming to campus, there is one day for you to select.
Please feel free to contact us with any remaining questions or concerns you may have.
2021 FAST Dates:
July 13th or 15th: Education, Liberal Arts, Nursing, & Pharmacy
July 14th or 16th: Business, Health Sciences, Music, Natural & Environmental Sciences
July 23rd: Virtual Program
Please note that we will be following all CDC and PA state guidelines in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. This includes that all in attendance for the FAST program must wear a mask in all spaces.
Registration is now available for FAST Program! We are excited for your visit to campus!
The FAST Program Can Help:
- Meet your academic advisor.
- Learn about health services, financial aid, tuition deferment, safety, security and student activities.
- Get your student ID.
- Set up your student bank account.
- Order or purchase books and computer.
- Connect with future classmates.
- Take language placement exams (required for Liberal Arts & International Business majors).
Still need to complete your Direct Stafford Loan application? Want to waive the student health insurance charge? Parents need a copy of your student's eBill?
- For Parents -- obtain access to student's eBill
- Confirm student's health insurance coverage (to avoid being billed)
- Complete your Federal Student Loan application
- Complete your Work-Study employment application
- For Parents -- apply for the Parent Loan of Undergraduate Students (PLUS)