Virtual GRS Information
Graduate Research Week
Virtual poster sessions and accompanying videos will be available for browsing the entire week. Students, faculty, judges, and attendees will encouraged to interact via question and comment. Live presentations will take place on designated days/times via Zoom.
Congratulations to our 2021 GRS Award Winners!
Virtual GRS Platform: Visit our Symposium site to view posters and presentations.
Attending the Virtual Event
- Symposium platform
- Live Oral PresentationSchedule and Zoom links will be available under the "Live Sessions" tab on Symposium site. Presentations will take place Tuesday/Thursday.
- Posters with accompanying videos will be available all week under the "Presentations" tab on the Symposium site.
- Throughout the week, student participants, attendees, faculty, and judges are encouraged to comment on posters and ask questions.
- Workshops (links will be available via the live sessions tab the week of the event).
Poster Sessions (Virtual)
- Virtual Poster Session will take place on an online platform Symposium by Forager One.
- Create a pdf. of your poster.
- Create a 2-3 minute video or audio explanation to accompany the poster. Students will upload their videos to YouTube and then share the unlisted YouTube link with us (instructions will be sent out to participants).
- Posters and accompanying videos will be uploaded by YOU no later than one week prior to the event. Upload instructions will be sent out to participants.
- Peers, faculty, and staff will comment throughout the week asking questions and encouraging responses.
Oral Presentations via Zoom
- Live oral presentations (15 minutes each) will take place throughout the week via zoom. Schedule TBD.
- If you are selected to give an oral presentation, you will be invited to submit a paper for publication in the URSS Proceedings published in the DU Scholarship Collection.
- Oral presenters are chosen by a peer selection committee. Slots are limited. You will be informed sometime after the deadline whether or not you have been selected.
Various departments and centers at Duquesne sponsor monetary awards for this event. Judges will view poster and video presentations throughout the week. Award winners will be posted on our website and notified via email no later than one week following the conclusion of the event. Winners will be invited to submit papers for digital publication on the DU Scholarship Collection. To view award opportunities, visit the GRS home page and click the "Awards" tab.