Students, faculty and staff can download Sophos antivirus software on their personal computers and mobile devices for free! Sophos helps protect your devices from malware, spyware, viruses and other online threats.
Note: Sophos Home edition should not be installed on University-managed computers.
On this page
Sophos Home features
Sophos Home provides advanced, real-time protection from malware, ransomware, and hacking attempts. Some of the features include:
- Real-time antivirus: Protects against known viruses, malware, Trojans, worms, bots, potentially unwanted apps (PUAs), ransomware, and more.
- Parental web filtering: Allows you to control the content your children can view online.
- Web protection from known malicious sites: Prevents connections to compromised or dangerous sites.
- Remote management: Secures multiple devices in any location from a simple web interface.
Download Sophos Home on your personal devices
Sophos Home edition (students)
Below are steps for downloading Sophos Home edition on Windows, macOS, iOS and Android devices. As part of the download process, you will be required to create a Sophos account. CTS recommends signing up with a firstname.lastname@example.org email address for this step.
- Download Sophos Home edition for Windows and macOS devices
- Download Sophos Intercept X for iOS devices
- Download Sophos Intercept X for Android devices
Sophos Home Commercial edition (faculty and staff)
Faculty and staff can download Sophos Home Commercial edition for free by signing up with their University email address at home.sophos.com/employee.