Facts and Rankings
We offer 85 undergraduate majors across nine schools and highly respected professional programs with numerous accolades and rankings, including the No. 1 ranked Sustainable Business Practices MBA—which is why we're ready with an education that's everything you need, and more than you imagined.
He says. "I couldn't be more impressed with my professors and cohort at Duquesne. This program is truly one of the best things to happen to me." Alec is a student in the No. 1 ranked MBA Sustainable Business Practices Program in the Palumbo-Donahue School of Business.
Alec always knew he wanted to pursue a master's degree, but it took having a job in the oil and gas industry, and a road trip out west to connect his passion for and the importance of sustainability with his future aspirations.
"I'm a rock climber and was out climbing one day with [a friend who] asked about my wind turbine tattoo I have on my ankle and I told her I was passionate about sustainability. She was, at that time, a student in Duquesne's MBA Sustainability program and suggested I check it out."
At Duquesne, we've added depth, discipline, professionalism, and a greater sense of purpose to Alec's aspirations, so he could have the focus to move forward without narrowing his ambitions.
"I want to be part of a change and have meaning in my work." he says. "We can't dismiss climate change issues to a future generation anymore. Every decision we make today is a decision that impacts the future."
Like Alec, we'll help you discover what you're good at and why that's good for the world. We want you to become the kind of problem solver who always thinks bigger.
At Duquesne, we have the breadth and depth to make the most of your goals, as evidenced by just some of our achievements below. As mentioned, Alec is enrolled in the program Corporate Knights magazine has ranked as the No. 1 MBA Sustainable Business Practices program in the United States and No. 4 in the world in its 18th annual Better World MBA Rankings, which represents the top 40 programs from 10 countries. Other notable rankings include:
U.S. News and World Report
- The University is No. 4 in Pennsylvania and No. 51 overall in Best Value Schools category.
- Duquesne ranked No. 143 among national universities on 2021 Best Colleges list.
- Ranked among the 2021 Best Graduate School Rankings:
- School of Pharmacy, No. 43
- Occupational Therapy program, No. 29
- Speech-Language Pathology program, No. 55
- School of Nursing, No. 62
- A number of Duquesne University online programs have been named among the 2020 U.S. News and World Report Best Online Programs, including four programs ranking from the School of Nursing.
- Duquesne climbed 34 spots to No. 113 for Online Bachelor's Programs, making the University among the top five Pennsylvania schools ranked in this category.
The University moved up 11 spots to No. 68 in the Online Bachelors Programs for Veterans category.
- Duquesne ranked No. 100 in Best Colleges for Veterans category.
- Duquesne named to Best 385 Colleges in the nation for 2020.
- Named to 2020 Best Colleges: Region by Region list for Northeast.
- Recognized as a Green College for 2020.
Other Rankings of Note
- Niche.com ranks Duquesne at No. 27 among its Best Catholic Colleges in America, and No. 3 in Pennsylvania with overall grade of A-, and Best College Locations in America A+ at No. 72.
- Money Magazine recognizes Duquesne on 2019 Best Colleges for Your Money list.
- Duquesne University (#7) and the School of Nursing (#1) achieves Top 10, Gold-level ranking as Military Friendly Schools. (20-21)
- One of three universities in Pennsylvania with a public safety department accredited by the Pennsylvania Chiefs of Police Association. (2009)
- First university in the nation to offer combined biomedical engineering and nursing dual degree (BS-BSN)
- First university in the nation to offer an online Ph.D. in nursing (1997) and first in Pennsylvania to grant a BSN degree (1937).