Mary Kay Loughran, DNP, MHA, RNAssistant Professor
School of Nursing
Fisher Hall 516
Education:DNP, Duquesne University, 2014
MHA, University of Pittsburgh, 1987
BSN, University of Pittsburgh, 1977
Assistant Professor Mary Kay Loughran is a nurse, educator and former hospital administrator, whose clinical, teaching and executive experience adds a wide range of nursing expertise the faculty. A former executive vice president at Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh, Dr. Loughran has also served as chief nursing officer and patient care executive and has taught in classroom as well as clinical settings.
Dr. Loughran earned a Doctorate of Nursing Practice from Duquesne University where she also served as an adjunct member of the nursing faculty. She received a BSN, magna cum laude, as well as a master's degree in health administration from the University of Pittsburgh.
- Organizational leadership
- Evidence-based practice and quality
- Improvement project management
- Development of nurse residency preceptors
- Contemporary nursing Issues
- International education for undergraduate and graduate students
- Interprofessional health care education