Welcome to Duquesne Academic Advising
Determining your academic interests, major and the classes you need to succeed in college can be exciting and challenging. Your advisor is here to help!
That's why every undergraduate student attending Duquesne is assigned an academic advisor through this office. If you don't know who your advisor is, check our Advisors Directory, or ask at the administrative office of your school.
Graduate students are assigned advisors who are connected to their specific school or degree program. Contact your school for details.
Advisors are trained to assist you in:
- Developing and maintaining your academic schedules
- Tracking your grades, attendance and other academic related affairs.
- Finding resources to support your academic, social, psychological and spiritual development
- Achieving success and satisfaction with your studies and campus life
Meet with your Advisor Frequently
You need to get your advisor’s approval for most academic decisions, including:
- Registering for classes
- Declaring a major
- Changing your course schedule
- Withdrawing from courses