2020 Steel City Sales Challenge
Congratulations to the 2020 Steel City Sales Challenge Winners !
Watch the Finalist Announcements Here.
4th Annual Steel City Sales Challenge
Presented by Steel Dynamics, Inc.
Saturday & Sunday, October 24-25, 2020
|1st Place - $2,500: Maggie Roe, University of Dayton
2nd Place - $1,500: Marisa McCoy, West Virginia University
3rd Place - $1,000 (tie): Hunter Mueller/Amanda Thome, Duquesne University
Elevator Pitch Winners:
|1st Place - $1,000: Yarizette Sequeira, Villanova University
2nd Place - $500: Clair Cox, Purdue University
3rd Place - $250: Jordan Titensor, Weber State University
Elevator Pitch Finalists:
Each Finalist Receives $150:
$10,000 Worth of Prize Money!
The 2020 list of participating schools include:
- Duquesne University
- Ferris State University
- Marian University
- Northern Illinois University
- Pace University
- Purdue University
- Southern New Hampshire University
- St. Joseph's University
- University of Dayton
- Utah State University
- Villanova University
- Weber State University
- West Virginia University
- Competitor/Coaches Meeting: 10:00-10:15 a.m.
- Round 1A: 10:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. (Links provided week of competition)
- Round 1B: 2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. (Links provided week of competition)
- Live Role Play and Elevator Pitch Finalist Announcement via Zoom: 5:00 p.m.
- Final Round Role Play Released: 5:00 p.m.
- Role Play Final Round: 12:30 p.m. - 2:30 p.m. (Link provided at Finals Announcement)
- Elevator Pitch Play Final Round: 2:45 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. (Link provided at Finals Announcement)
- Role Play: 1st Prize: $2,500; 2nd Prize: $1,500; 3rd Prize: $1,000; Finalists: $500
- Elevator Pitch: 1st Prize: $1,000; 2nd Prize: $500; 3rd Prize: $250; Finalists: $150
Important Pre-Event Details:
- Registration closes and role play student names/information due on Friday, September 25th. Each team may have 4 competitors in the role play competition and up to 10 compete in the elevator pitch.
- First Round Sales Scenarios and Company Information released on Friday, September 25th.
- Questions submitted for Pre-Event Webinar by Friday, October 9th.
- Student Information, Elevator Pitch and Resumes due Friday, October 9th.
- Pre-Event Webinar via Zoom on Friday, October 16th from 2:00 p.m. to 2:45 p.m. (Event recorded for those unable to attend)
We are currently at capacity for this year's challenge.
To be added to our waiting list, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: The entrance fee is suspended for this year's challenge.
Thank you to our sponsors!
Gold Partner & Participating Sponsor: