Address Information

Duquesne University must have on record addresses where students are physically located at the time they are pursuing their studies. Any change to your permanent or local address throughout the semester must be reported. In addition, it is required that any student who temporarily moves to a new location report their new, Temporary address change. Students are required to provide such address changes within 14 days of the date the change occurred.

Additionally, enrolled students are required to have a home/permanent address for federal reporting purposes.

Up to five address types* should be reviewed and updated by students and will be stored and maintained in the Banner Student System. These address types are:

  • Home – permanent residential address (required for all students)
  • Local – address at which student resides while attending classes if not living at HOME or in an on-campus Residence hall
  • Residential – address in one of the on-campus residence halls
  • Temporary – temporary relocation from Home, Local, or Residential address for the purpose of an internship, clinical, or practicum, for example, during the semester
  • Foreign - international home/permanent address

*Upon graduation, students may add a Diploma mailing address if it differs from Home (or Foreign for international students). 

Address Updates

Addresses can be updated using the STUDENT PROFILE tile in the Duquesne Portal, then selecting Personal Information from the menu.

Diploma Address Updates

Upon graduation, students may supply a Diploma address if the diploma is to be mailed to an address other than the Home/Permanent address (or Foreign address for international students). Students must check their addresses in SSB for accuracy. Should a diploma be returned to the university because an address is undeliverable, the student will be responsible for payment of fees to mail the diploma a second time.

Students can review their addresses and add a Diploma address by visiting the Personal Information page under the STUDENT PROFILE tile in the Duquesne Portal. 

Name, SSN, and DOB Information

Changes to name, social security number and/or date of birth can only be made by visiting the Office of the University Registrar.  Students in the Thomas R. Kline School of Law of Duquesne University must visit the Duquesne Kline Law School Registrar, and all international students should visit the Center for Global Engagement for these specific changes.

For name changes please bring documentation of the change, which would include a marriage license, a divorce decree, or a court document. Requests cannot be accepted over the phone or by a third party. Changes to SSN require the social security card and a second form of ID that includes a photograph. Changes to Date of Birth require a copy of the Birth Certificate, passport, or driver's license.

Chosen First Name Updates

Duquesne University, led by the Holy Spirit and guided by its Catholic values, is committed to fostering and maintaining authentic relationships with every person. In support of this commitment, students, faculty, staff, and alumni who identify by a name other than their given (legal) first name may supply a chosen first name for University systems where a legal name is not required ("Chosen First Name").

Chosen Name Change Instructions

Emergency Contact Information

Students can review and update their emergency contact information using the Personal Information page in the Duquesne Portal and during Roll Call. Students should log into the Duquesne Portal and select Personal Information under the STUDENT PROFILE tile. Current emergency contact information can be edited or deleted, and new contacts can be added by using the "Add New +" button.