Applying for Financial Aid

Check out our Financial Aid 101 page for more information

The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Duquesne's code is 003258.
Graduate students (excluding Law students) and part-time students must also complete the Duquesne University Financial Aid Application.  
To receive maximum consideration for aid, students must complete a FAFSA prior to May 1 each year. The earlier better!
003258. Be sure to also indicate Duquesne as your first choice if you are PA resident filling out the PA State Grant application at  the end of the FAFSA.
All first-year applicants and transfer applicants are automatically considered for academic scholarships.

First-year students can apply for additional scholarships.

Some graduate programs offer special tuition rates.
Yes. To receive consideration for as many programs as possible all students should file a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).  
If you are a Graduate student (excluding Law) or a part-time student, you must also submit the Duquesne Financial Aid Application.
The only way to determine your eligibility for financial aid is to submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).

You can check out the academic scholarship ranges for first-year students and transfer students.
Many variables are considered such as: family size, number of family members in college, age of oldest parent, savings, investments, income, and assets.
Any one of the following will result in your being independent: age is over 23 years; a ward of the court; both parents deceased; a veteran of the U.S. Armed Forces; legal dependents (other than a spouse) for which you provide more than half of their support; married at the time of filing; an emancipated minor as determined by your state; were in legal guardianship as determined by your state; or were considered homeless.
The parent you live with should complete the FAFSA. If the parent you live with has remarried, the information of that parent and their new spouse (stepparent) must be used.
If your family's financial circumstances have changed due to death of a parent, divorce or separation or loss of employment, contact the Financial Aid Office to discuss your situation.
The Student Aid Report, or SAR, is generated from the information you submit with your FAFSA. A copy is sent to you and to the college(s) indicated on your FAFSA. It will provide you with how much the government expects you to contribute (Expected Family Contribution or EFC).